Lenka Spodniaková, Karol Králinský
Intoxication with paracetamol, a commonly available analgesic and antipyretic, can lead to hepatic failure. In the case report we present a 17 year old patient, hospitalized in the pediatric ward for repeated vomiting with dehydration and abdominal pain, who took the whole package of Paralen in suicidal intent. The diagnosis was delayed by the noncompliance of the patient who reported a dietary error and negated the ingestion of drugs. In addition to elevation of aminotranferases and coagulopathy, we were also intrigued by the septic values of procalcitonin in the laboratory results in the absence of bacterial infection.